1. Basic Recording Fees (GOV 27360-27388)
- First page/title, 8½" x 11" - $20.00*. Each additional page, if all pages are 8½" x 11" - $3.00. Each additional title - $20.00*
- Documents recorded concurrently “in connection with” a transfer subject to the imposition of documentary transfer tax.
- Documents recorded concurrently “in connection with” a transfer of real property that is a residential dwelling to an owner-occupier.
- The fee imposed has reached the cap of $225.
- Documents not related to real property.
- Documents assessed the Building Homes and Jobs Act Fee:
- First page/title, 8½" x 11" - $95.00. Each additional page, if all pages are 8½" x 11" - $3.00. Each additional title - $95.00
- Documents exempt from the Real Estate Fraud Prosecution Fee:
- First page/title, 8½" x 11" - $14.00. Each additional page, if all pages are 8½" x 11" - $3.00. Each additional title - $14.00
- Release of governmental lien (per lien released) (GOV 27361.3) - $20.00
2. Additions to Basic Recording Fees
Rules for Recorded Documents
- Portion of document more or less than 8½" x 11" (GOV 27361(a)(2))
- Surcharge charged for each page of the document if any page is other than 8½" x 11" - $3.00. Maximum size recordable is 8½" x 14"
- Involuntary Lien Notification (GOV 27387). For abstracts of judgment, mechanic's liens, homeowner's association liens, etc. (per judgment debtor/owner) - $10.00
- Documentary Transfer Tax (DTT) Imposed on each deed, instrument, or writing by which any lands, tenements, or other realty sold within the County shall be granted, assigned, transferred, or otherwise conveyed to, or vested in, the purchaser or purchasers, or any other person or persons by his or their direction. The tax is at the rate of $0.55 for each $500.00 or fractional part thereof, when the net consideration or value of the property exceeds $100.00 exclusive of the value of any lien or encumbrance remaining thereof at the time of sale. (RTC 11911). Those cities opting into this tax receive half the amount collected for property in the city.
- City Transfer Tax. The City of Sacramento collects a separate Additional Real Property Transfer Tax ("City Transfer Tax") pursuant to Sacramento City Code section 3.16.020 and does not receive any DTT revenue. City transfer tax is collected, in addition to DTT, if the tax amount has been identified in the declaration on the first or lead page the document. Read the City of Sacramento's notice for further information.
- Indexing of more than 10 names (GOV 27361.8). Each group of 10 names (or fraction after the initial 10 names) - $1.00
- Documents requiring additional indexing (GOV 27361.2). Any instrument containing reference to more than one previously recorded document requires additional indexing. A fee of $1.00 shall be charged for each additional reference. The first cross reference is included in the recording fee.
- Penalty print (GOV 27361) More than 9 lines per vertical inch or 22 characters per horizontal inch (per page) - $1.00
3. Filed Documents. Filed documents are contract agreements, contracts, and plans and specifications - $7.00 (GOV 27380)
- Maps (subdivision, parcel, survey and assessment): (GOV 27372, 27361.4)
- First page (including $75 Building Homes and Job Act Fee) - $102.00.
- Each subsequent page - $19.00
- Preliminary 20 Day Notice - $29.00 (GOV 27361.9, SCC 2.01.012)